Nyx Matte Lipsticks Review

Thursday, February 25, 2016


Konichiwa everyone! (ノ^ヮ^)ノ*:・゚✧ I'm back with another lip product review. On a side note, I hope I'm not boring anyone with the reviews I churn out. LOL.

Well anyway, the products on the bright bright spotlight today are my collection of NYX Matte Lipsticks. I have five shades here namely, Whipped Caviar, Euro Trash, Maison, Sweet Pink and Siren



If I had to be honest, I wouldn't necessarily classify these lipsticks as Matte because well, they aren't matte at all. IMO! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Maybe they're a creamy satin finish? To be fair though, these have been in the market way before the age of the SUPER MATTE liquid lipsticks. If you've tried Liquid lipsticks like the LA Splash ones or even MAC Retro Matte lipsticks, these don't even come close. The normal MAC Matte ones are even way more matte than these. 

The formula isn't uncomfortable though. They're not at all drying and they last a decent amount of time especially when I'm not eating so I don't hate them. They're just not as matte as I want my lipsticks to be. So, it's definitely a personal preference thing! If you don't want your lips to feel like the Sahara desert, I can definitely feel that you'll appreciate these lippies! And oh the shades are lovely too! ヽ(•̀ω•́ )ゝ✧


L - R Siren, Sweet Pink, Maison, Whipped Caviar, Euro Trash


I think I picked out pretty diverse shades and there isn't one shade I dislike here.

Whipped Caviar:  This shade is one of my favorites out of this bunch. It's a beautiful mauvey nude that pairs well with the NYX Mauve lip pencil. I've been hearing that it's a dupe for MAC Faux or Brave (?), I can't remember which one. But it's beautiful and it really is a must have for anyone into those Kylie Jenner Mauve type nudes.

Euro Trash:  That's one hell of a name. Haha! I don't really get why they named it like that. Well anyway, this one kind of reminds me of MAC Velvet Teddy. It's just a browny peachy nude that doesn't make me look dead so of course I love it! ٩ʕ•͡וʔ۶

Maison:  Well this is a unique shade but it kind of reminds me of MAC Styled in Sepia but that one is a limited edition shade so if you wanted that but didn't get the chance to get it, you may want to check this one out. This one is a tad warmer than that one but they're both cool toned browns. 

Sweet Pink:  Another favorite of mine. It's a cool toned mid tone pink that's super girly! It's not as bright as MAC Candy Yum Yum but bright enough to still turn heads.

Siren:  It's an dark oxblood maroon red that's kinda purple too! I don't use this one fully opaque. I like using it as a tint, dabbing just a bit using my fingers. It's somewhat like MAC Diva but I like Diva more just because it's more matte than this one. I can wear Diva fully opaque and not worry too much about it. I can't trust myself with creamy dark lipsticks because it will seriously scatter all over my face. LOL! ୧། ☉ ౪ ☉ །୨


All in all, these are pretty good lipsticks especially when you consider the price. They aren't expensive at all and the quality is good! Just don't expect them to be super matte but you can always dab a bit of translucent powder to dry and mattify them a bit. ヽ( ˘ω˘ )ゝ 

Hope you guys liked this post and found it kinda helpful! Hehe! Take care and I'll see you all in my next post. Oh and by the way, let me know how you spent your Valentines Day! I'd love to hear all about it. (●`・ω・)ゞ< ok? Thanks so much for reading! ~

XOXO, M ♡

You Might Also Like

12 comments

  1. whipped caviar looks good on your lips~

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my gosh. I can't believe that I'm loving all the colors! I mean, literally. I want to have all, to match every outfit I will wear. so gorgeous! :)

    xoxo, rae
    http://www.raellarina.net/

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my gosh. I can't believe that I'm loving all the colors! I mean, literally. I want to have all, to match every outfit I will wear. so gorgeous! :)

    xoxo, rae
    http://www.raellarina.net/

    ReplyDelete
  4. my favorite would be whipped caviar *o*

    Mellie
    http://themelliediaries.blogspot.my/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Marion, where did you buy that? Lovin' the whipped caviar on you <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not brave enough to try a brown colour and tbh with my forever changing hair colours, brown would be difficult to match >.< All these colours look really nice on you and a couple of these really do work to be dupes of MAC's lipsticks. I can't stand the ultra matte matte lipsticks because it makes my lips sooo dry & my lips dry out so easily too T__T

    http://www.kelkelxo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Colours are so beautiful *-* Siren is my fav!
    Last week I ordered some NYX liquid matte lipsticks and <3 I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. NYX just popped up in the drugstore nearby my house and I couldnt decide which lipsticks to pick up. Definitely going to pick up Eurotrash next time I go!
    ♡ Michelle from Mapping Milkyway

    ReplyDelete
  9. There is no wayy to find your posts boring! You make them highly entertaining with those emojis (/ ^ヮ^)/ plus you find the best lipstick and understand the need for matte!! Thanks for finding these beauties and the tip for making them look more matte!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I also love nyx whipped caviar.
    Love your swatches.

    jurainspeachyscarf.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave comments and I'll reply as soon as I can! Thanks for visiting my blog. ╲(。◕‿◕。)╱

Like us on Facebook

Spirit Animal

Subscribe