FAQ: Mermaid Hair / Dyed Hair / Colored Hair / Pastel Hair / Whatever HairFriday, April 05, 2013
Hello everyone! I decided to make this post because quite a number of people have been asking me various stuff about my hair and my haircolor so I decided to answer pretty much the most frequently asked questions about having dyed hair, colored hair, pastel hair and the like.
* These photos above are of my recent haircut and hair dye job! I love it a lot!! *
Oh and by the way, I AM NO PROFESSIONAL and the way I do my hair may not be the technically "right" way of doing it but it is just how I prefer to do it. So please no smart-ass comments about how I am doing it wrong or whatevs! It's my hair and I can do anything I want to it.
Okay so let's start!
- When did you first dye your hair?
- I started dyeing my hair when I was about 15 or so. Maybe too early for some but what the heck.
- Where do you get your hair done?
- I am a cheap ass and I'm very sensitive to comments leaning towards my hair so I prefer to dye my hair at home! I do recommend you go to a stylist to have your hair bleached in order to save your hair and make it less damaged, I guess.
- What kind of bleach do you use?
- Now this is kind of tricky because I never use one brand. I just use the one that I can find in the local stores here in the Philippines. So for this questions, I firmly answer ANYTHING YOU CAN GET A HOLD OF! Haha! But again I recommend you go to a stylist for the bleaching process because it's the most tedious part!
- How do you bleach your hair?
- I bleach my hair in stages! NEVER IN ONE GO! Please DO NOT DO THAT! I did that to my beautiful long hair and it turned it into mush * u * Plus, I never leave the bleach on my hair for more than 15 minutes!
- Do you tone your hair before dyeing it a pastel color?
- Surprisingly I do not! I know you are supposed to tone your hair to get rid of all the yellow but luckily my hair is kind of good to me and it just does what I expect it to do. After I bleach my hair it turns out to be a light yellow but I really don't get the need to tone it anymore. *bad ass lol* I just use those pretty pastel dyes and my hair pretty much is good to go.
- How do you bleach your eyebrows?
- HAHAHAH! Just hahaha! I do NOT bleach my eyebrows. I have super light brows which can be sometimes undetectable by the naked eye and that is one of my biggest insecurities. =.=" I think my eyebrows look bleached because of how light they are and I still can't decide on whether or not it's a good or bad thing. Lol.
- Do you dye your hair alone?
- NO I DO NOT! Actually my mother helps me! Love you mum! <3
- What brand of hair dye do you use?
- I only use washable hair dyes because I am very fickle minded and I want to change colors quite frequently! PLUS they don't damage your hair but they do fade or rinse out pretty quickly! My favorite brand is Special Effects! I detest Manic Panic.. I'm sorry MP fans.
- Where do you get your hair dye?
- If you live in the Philippines like me, you cannot buy these dyes locally but I guess you can get them online or through relatives living outside! But if you live in other parts of the globe, these dyes are fairly easy to get a hold of for you all you lucky people.
- How frequently do you wash your hair?
- I wash my hair daily... I KNOW. HAHA! I'm sorry. I know it's bad to do this especially when you have bleached hair but Fuck It, I live in a tropical country for Pete's Sake. My hair holds up pretty nicely and I love it so much for toughing it up for me. The color fades pretty quickly but it's okay, I can live with faded hair but with feeling hot, NO I CAN NOT!
- Have you tried mixing the hair dye?
- I haven't and I don't want to try. Typically, I will just buy another tube than mix two colors because I know that in the end I will just create a crappy color and just waste the dye. Lol.
So that's all for the questions! I hope you liked that post and if you have other questions feel free to ask! I'm always open for questions! It's funny because I was supposed to make a VLOG to answer these questions instead but I felt weird in front of the camera. HAHA! Do you want me to make VLOGs next time? Tell me!! Have a nice day guys!
Check me out on other social platforms: